Who is classified as a medical Guest?
To assist our Guests in determining whether they might need medical clearance, we’ve listed a few medical conditions.
These conditions include, but are not limited to:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Guests requiring oxygen
- Brain, spinal and nervous system related ailments
- Serious heart ailments
- Lung and airway diseases
- Huntington’s chorea (no muscle control)
- Internal organ ailments, e.g., cancer or ulcers
- All recent fractures (± 3 weeks)
- Orthopaedic and skeletal defects
- Mentally disabled Guests
- Diabetic Guests (medical complications)
In order for Mango to confirm that a medical Guest is fit to fly, these Guests are required to submit the Medical Request Form. It is essential that this form be completed by their physician and submitted 48 hours prior to the planned flight’s departure. Your flight is only confirmed upon receiving medical clearance from Mango.
A medical Guest may never be seated in the emergency rows. These Guests must report to the Mango check-in counters at least ninety (90) minutes prior to departure as Mango endeavours to board these Guests first.